Vilnius University Laser Research Center :
2007-2010 Young Research Fellow
2012-2018 Senior Researcher
2018- Head of Laboratory
2019- Research Professor
2019- Specially Appointed Associate Professor, School of Materials and Chemical Technology, Tokyo Institute of Technology
Field of Specialization
Laser processing of materials / Non-linear 3D nanolithography / Additive manufacturing / Microstructures / Biomedicine
School of Materials and Chemical Technology（Tokyo Tech）
Research Hub Group ：Materials and Devices international hub group
- Revelation of photo-excitation mechanisms in ultrafast laser 3D nanolithography and its applications for precision micro-structuring out of non-photosensitized resins.
- Creation of integrated and multi-functional 3D micro-optical devices.
- Laser induced damage threshold (LIDT) determination for laser made polymer micro-optical and nano-photonic components.
- Fabrication and characterization of 3D microporous biocompatible (and biodegradable) scaffolds for in vitro and implants for in vivo applications.
- Additive manufacturing of glass/ceramics at nanoscale via laser 3D lithography and thermal post-treatment.
- Plant-based renewable bioresins for the next generation optical 3D printing of sustainable materials
With Lasers, 3D Printing on a Miniature Scale, Photonics Spectra, September, 44-47 (2018).
2018: Dr. M. Malinauskas, member of Lithuanian Academy of Sciences – Young Academy.
- M. Lebedevaite, J. Ostrauskaite, E. Skliutas, M. Malinauskas, Photoinitiator free resins composed of plant-derived monomers for optical 3D μ-printing, Polymers 11(1), 11 (2019).
- S. Rekstyte, T. Jonavicius, D. Gailevicius, M. Malinauskas, et al., Nanoscale Precision of 3D Polymerization via Polarization Control, Adv. Opt. Mater. 4 (8), 1209-1214 (2016).
- M. Malinauskas et al., Ultrafast laser processing of materials: from science to industry, Light: Sci. Appl. 5, e16133 (2016).
- J. Maciulaitis, M. Deveikyte, S. Rekstyte, M. Bratchikov, A. Darinskas, A. Simbelyte, G. Daunoras, A. Laurinaviciene, A. Laurinavicius, R. Gudas, M. Malinauskas, and R. Maciulaitis, Preclinical study of SZ2080 material 3D microstructured scaffolds for cartilage tissue engineering made by femtosecond direct laser writing lithography, Biofabrication, 7, 015015 (2015).
- M. Malinauskas, M. Farsari, A. Piskarskas and S. Juodkazis, Ultrafast-laser micro/nano-structuring of photo-polymers: a decade of advances, Phys. Rep. 533 (1), 1-31 (2013).