2011 – 2015 Post-doctorate research associate, School of Applied and Engineering Physics, Cornell University
4, 2015 – 9, 2015 Post-doctorate research associate, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
2015 – 2017 Associate Specialist, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, University of California, Berkeley
2017 – 2018 Research Associate, School of Applied and Engineering Physics, Cornell University
2018 – Specially Appointed Associate Professor, Tokyo Institute of Technology
Field of Specialization
Condensed matter and materials science theory
Laboratory for Materials and Structures(IIR, Tokyo Tech)
Research Hub Group：Materials and Devices international hub group
- We predicted several new structural phases of LixNix′O2 system within a fixed FCC anion lattice which form during battery charge-discharge process [Chem. Mater. 29, 7840 (2017)] and have a significant bearing upon the performance of Li-ion cathode materials.
- We designed new hexagonal transition metal oxide superlattices where ferroelectricity and ferromagnetism coexist near room temperature [Nature 537, 523 (2016) ].
- We predicted topologically protected magnetoelectric vortex domain structures in YMnO3-type geometric ferroelectrics, which has been realized in EnMnO3 under magnetic field [Nature Communications 5, 2998 (2014), Nature Materials 13, 163-167 (2014) ].
- Hena Das, Alexander Urban, Wenxuan Huang and Gerbrand Ceder, First-principles simulation of the (Li-Ni-Vacancy)O phase diagram and its relevance for the surface phases in Ni-rich Li-ion cathode materials, Chem. Mater. 29, 7840-7851 (2017)
- Julia A. Mundy,…..,Hena Das et. al., Atomically engineered ferroic layers yield a room- temperature magnetoelectric multiferroic, Nature 537, 523527 (2016)
- Hena Das, Alex Wysocki, Yanan Geng, Weida Wu and Craig J Fennie, Bulk magnetoelectricity in the hexagonal manganites and ferrites, Nature Communications 5, 2998 (2014)
- Yanan Geng, Hena Das, Aleksander L. Wysocki, N. Lee, Y.J. Choi, S-W. Cheong, M. Mostovoy, Craig J. Fennie, and Weida Wu, Direct visualization of magnetoelectric domains, Nature Materials 13, 163-167 (2014)
- Hena Das, G. Sangiovanni, A. Valli, K. Held and T. Saha-Dasgupta, Size control of charge-orbital order in half-doped manganites, Phys. Rev. Lett. 107, 197202 (2011)
- Hena Das, U. V Waghmare, T. Saha-Dasgupta and D. D. Sarma, Electronic structure, phonons and dielectric anomaly in ferromagnetic insulating double perovskite La2NiMnO6, Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 186402 (2008)