1984-1988 Chairman, Department of Physics
1996-1999 Dean of Faculty of Exact Sciences BIU.
1999-2001 President of the Israel Physical Society
Present Supervisor of Post Docs and Graduate Studies in complex networks at BIU
2016- Present Specially Appointed Professor, WRHI, Tokyo Institute of Technology
Statistical physics, Complex systems, Network science, Medical physics and Social networks
Advanced Data Analysis and Modeling Unit (ADAM) （IIR, Tokyo Tech）
Department of Physics, BIU（State of Israel）
Research Hub Group：Information and Artificial Intelligence Research International Hub Group
- Networks of networks
- Cascading failures
- Network approaches to climate science
- Science News (2012) When Networks Network
- The Israel Prize for 2018, Israel (2018)
- Rothschild Prize for Physical and Chemical Sciences, Israel (2014)
- Lilienfeld Prize, American Physical Society, USA (2010)
- Weizmann Prize for Exact Sciences, Israel (2009)
- Nicholson Medal, American Physical Society, USA (2006)
- 2017 Xin Yuan, Yanqing Hu, H. Eugene Stanley, Shlomo Havlin
“Eradicating catastrophic collapse in interdependent networks via reinforced nodes”
PNAS 114, 3311.
- 2015 Dong Zhou, Avi Gozolchiani, Yosef Ashkenazy, and Shlomo Havlin
“Teleconnection Paths via Climate Network Direct Link Detection”
Phys. Rev. Lett. 115, 268501
- 2013 A. Majdandzic, B. Podobnik, S.V. Buldyrev, D.Y. Kenett, S. Havlin, H.E. Stanley
“Spontaneous recovery in dynamical networks”
Nature Physics 10, 34.
- 2010 S. Buldyrev, R. Parshani, G. Paul, H. E. Stanley and S. Havlin
“Catastrophic cascade of failures in interdependent networks ”
Nature 464, 1025.
- 2005 C. Song, S. Havlin and H. A. Makse
“Self-similarity of complex networks”,
Nature 433, 392.