1992-2009 Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry Researcher
2009-2014 Central Research Institute of Electric Power Industry Senior Researcher
2014- Tokyo Institute of Technology Professor
Field of Specialization
Energy Economics, Management Engineering
School of Environment and Society, Tokyo Tech
Research Hub Group：Social Implementation international hub group
Published a book from John Wiley & Sons: Environmental Assessment on Energy and Sustainability by Data Envelopment Analysis (3.2018)
- Guest edited volume of Economics of Energy & Environmental Policy Vol. 5(1) was published(3.2016)
12. 2018: The article on “Changing electricity supply business: Innovations in Germany” was published in Nextcom, vol.36
2017 Regional Science Association International RSPP Annual Paper Award For the Best Paper in Regional Science Policy and Practice 2018 (Regional Science Association International) (with Otsuka, A.)
2011 Regional Science Association International The Martin Beckmann RSAI (Regional Science Association International) Annual Award for the Best Paper in Papers in Regional Science 2011 (with Otsuka, A., Sueyoshi, T.)
2005 Society of Public Utility Economics, Encouraging Prize (Paper)
- M. Goto (2010) “Financial performance analysis of US and world telecommunications companies: Importance of Information Technology in the telecommunications industry after the AT&T breakup and the NTT divestiture,” Decision Support Systems, 48:3, pp. 447-456.
- T. Sueyoshi and M. Goto (2011) “DEA approach for unified efficiency measurement: Assessment of Japanese fossil fuel power generation,” Energy Economics, 33:2, pp. 292-303
- M. Goto, T. Inoue and T. Sueyoshi (2013) “Structural reform of Japanese electric power industry: Separation between generation and transmission & distribution,” Energy Policy, 56, pp. 186-200.
- Goto, M., Mohammed Atris, A., Otsuka, A. (2018) “Productivity change and decomposition analysis of Japanese regional economies,” Regional Studies, Vol. 52(11), pp. 1537-1547.