1995-1996 Lecturer, The Oriental Institute, Univ of Oxford
1998-2000 PD, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
2000-2002 Assistant Professor, Gakushuin Univ.
2003-2004 Int’l Researcher, Catholic Univ. of Leuven
2004-2012 Assoc. Professor, Int’l Student Center, Tokyo Institute of Technology
2012-2016 Professor, Int’l Student Center, Tokyo Institute of Technology
2016- Professor, School of Environment and Society, Tokyo Institute of Technology
Field of Specialization
Linguistics,Translation Studies, Science and Art/Design
School of Environment and Society, Tokyo Tech
Research Hub Group：Social Implementation international hub group
Published a book from Peter Lang, Oxford on otherness in translation of popular literature:Kayoko Nohara Translating Popular Fiction: Embracing Otherness in Japanese Translation. Peter Lang: Oxford, 2018.
5. 2017 ：The article on “The Experiment” Tokyo Tech x Central Saint Martin’s joint symposium appeared in The Science News.
8. 2017 ：Research on contextual translation system development was introduced in Nikkei Industrial Daily and Nikkei NP(web selection).
9. 2018 ：”Existential Wearables: Tokyo in 10 years – what are we wearing?” our original wearables concepts were presented in Shibuya Hikarie. (Funded by Arts Council Tokyo).
2005 Engineering Education Awards “Best Paper Award” Award for article Journal of Japanese Society for Engineering Education.
2010 Best Teacher Award(Tokyo Tech) The Best Prize
2017 Best Teacher Award(Tokyo Tech) ACEEES
- Kayoko Nohara. Translating Popular Fiction: Embracing Otherness in Japanese Translation. Peter Lang: Oxford・Bern・Berlin・Brussels・New York・Wien, 2018.
- Kayoko Nohara, Fumio Nakaya, Minoru Nakayama. “An early trial in science and technology literacy that can be see in the translation and editing of post-war science teaching materials.” Invitation to Translation Studies, Vol. 13, pp. 29-52, May. 2015.
- Isamu Amir & Kayoko Nohara “The relationship between text and illustrations in a translated science book for children from 19th-century Japan”, New Voices in Translation Studies 12, pp.1-29, 2015.
- Kayoko Nohara “Translation education in the Japanese university setting: developing global communication skills for students”, The Journal of Translation Studies, Korean Association of Translation Studies, Vol.16-4, pp.44-61, 2015.
- Kayoko Nohara. Discussion kara Manabu Honyaku Gaku. Translation Studies Nyumon. Sanseido. Jun. 2014
- Kayoko Nohara, Shishin Kawamoto, Osamu Kusakabe ” Global Engineer no Jinzai Ikusei ni muketa Tokyo Tech ni okeru Kokusaika no Kokoromi” Kougaku Kyouiku vol.56-4, pp.114-122.7.2008
- Kayoko Nohara “Moulded Otherness: On the Strategic Use of Proper Names in Popular Japanese Literature” Current Trends in Translation Teaching and Learning Department of Translation Studies, University of Helsinki 3, 2006.