1984-1986 Research Associate, Dept. Physical
Electronics, Tokyo Tech.
1986-1987 Researcher, Physics Institute,Univ. Stuttgart (Germany)
1988-1999 Associate Professor, Dept. EE, Tokyo Tech.
1999-2016 Professor, Interdisciplinary Graduate School of Sci. & Eng., Tokyo Tech.(2007-2011 Director, Quantum Nano-Electronics Research Center, Tokyo Tech.)
2016- Professor, IIR, Tokyo Tech.
Field of Specialization
semiconductor devices, nano-devices, ultrahigh-speed devices, terahertz devices
Laboratory for Future Interdisciplinary Research of Science and Technology（IIR, Tokyo Tech)
Research Hub Group:Social Implementation international hub group
First 1-THz oscillation of room-temperature semiconductor electron devices (2010). Highest-frequency (1.98 THz) oscillation of room-temperature semiconductor electron devices (2017).
- BBC News, “Milestone for wi-fi with ‘T-rays’ “, May 16, 2012.
- Nikkei, “Detection of suspicious medicines by terahertz wave”, December 16, 2014.
- Nikkei, “Wearable high-speed communication”, December 26, 2016.
- Nikkan Kogyo Shimbun, “Hundred-time sensitive detection of terahertz wave”, March 20, 2017.
- JJAP Paper Award, Japan Society of Applied Physics, 2003
- Ichimura Prize in Science, New Technology Development Foundation, 2004
- JJAP Paper Award, Japan Society of Applied Physics, 2006
- Research Award, International Communication Foundation, 2007
- Fellow, Japan Society of Applied Physics, 2009
- Fellow, Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), 2011
- Fellow, Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers (IEICE), Japan, 2012
- Electronics Society Award, Institute of Electronics, Information and Communication Engineers (IEICE), Japan, 2015
- Commendation for Science and Technology by the Minister of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology, 2018
Frequency-tunable resonant-tunneling-diode terahertz oscillators applied to absorbance measurement, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. vol. 56, 058002, 2017.
Nonlinear optical detection of terahertz-wave radiation from resonant tunneling diodes, Opt. Express, vol. 25, 5389, 2017.
Room-temperature oscillation of resonant tunneling diodes close to 2 THz and their functions for various applications, J. Infrared Millimeter and THz Waves, vol. 37, 1185, 2016.
Oscillation up to 1.92 THz in resonant tunneling diode by reduced conduction loss, Appl. Phys. Express, vol. 9, 024101, 2016.
Wireless data transmission of 34 Gbit/s at a 500-GHz range using resonant-tunnelling diode terahertz oscillator, Electron. Lett. vol. 52, 1897, 2016.