1984-2003 Fujitsu Limited
1994-1995 Tohoku University, Ph.D.
2004-2013 The University of Tokyo, Professor
2014- Tokyo Institute of Technology,
Field of Specialization
Semiconductors, Process Integration, Thermal Engineering, Platelets Bio Generator, Semiconductor -Agriculture Concurrent Engineering
Laboratory for Future Interdisciplinary Research of Science and Technology（IIR, Tokyo Tech）
Tera Scale 3D IC, Wafer Multi-Stack, Advanced Packaging, Bumpless Interconnects, Ultra-Thinning, Cooling Device, Thermal Management
- Press Conference, Ultra-Thinning of 300-mm Wafer Down to 4-µm Thickness－Proven by DRAM, applicable for the next Three Dimensional Large Scale Memories-, June 20, 2014
- Press Conference, High Performance Closed-Channel Cooling System Using Multi-channel Electro-osmotic Flow pumps for 3D-ICs, Dec 9, 2013. http://www.titech.ac.jp/news/2013/024499.html
- Press Conference, Reducing 30% of Thermal Resistance by WOW Technology for 3D DRAM Application, May 8, 2017
- “Advanced wafer thinning technology and feasibility test for 3D integration, Microelectronic Engineering, Volume 107, July 2013, Pages 65–71
- “Impact of Thermomechanical Stresses on Bumpless Chip in Stacked Wafer Structure, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 52 (2013) 05FE01
- “Tera-Scale Three-Dimensional Integration (3DI) using Bumpless TSV Interconnects,” IEICE Technical Report, Aug. 1, 2013.
- “Wafer level three-dimensional integration (3DI) using bumpless TSV interconnects for tera-scale generation,” IEEE Semiconductor Conference Dresden-Grenoble (ISCDG), 2013 International, pp. 1-4, 2013, DOI: 10.1109/ISCDG.2013.6656328
- “High Performance Closed-Channel Cooling System Using Multi-channel Electro-osmotic Flow pumps for 3D-ICs”, IEEE International Electron Devices Meeting (IEDM), Washington DC, 2013, pp. 480-483.
- “Influence of Wafer Thinning Process on Backside Damage in 3D Integration,” IEEE Int’l 3D Sys. Integration Conf. 2013
- “An Innovative Bumpless Stacking with Through Silicon Via for 3D Wafer-On-Wafer (WOW) Integration”, IEEE Electronic Components and Technology Conference (ECTC), Orlando, 2014, pp.1853-1856.
- “Ultra Thinning down to 4-μm using 300-mm Wafer proven by 40-nm Node 2Gb DRAM for 3D Multi-stack WOW Applications”, IEEE Symp. on VLSI Technol., Honolulu, pp.26-27, 2014.
- “Impact of Thermomechanical Stresses on Ultra-thin Si Stacked Structure,” IEEE Int’l 3D Sys. Integration Conf., Cork, 2014.
- “Vacancy-type defects induced by grinding of Si wafers studied by mono-energetic positron beams”, J. Appl. Phys 116, 134501 (2014)
- “Observation of lattice spacing fluctuation and strain undulation around through-Si vias in wafer-on-wafer structures using X-ray microbeam diffraction”, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys. 53, 05GE03 (2014).
- “Impact of back-grinding-induced damage on Si wafer thinning for three-dimensional integration,” Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., vol. 53, 05GE04, 2014.
- “Review of Wafer-Level Three-Dimensional Integration (3DI) using Bumpless Interconnects for Tera-Scale Generation,” IEICE Electronics Express, vol. 12 (7), pp. 1-14, DOI: 10.1587/elex.12.20150002 (2015).
- “A Robust Wafer Thinning down to 2.6-μm for Bumpless Interconnects and DRAM WOW Applications”, IEDM2015 Tech. Dig., 190 (2015)
- “Warpage-free Ultra-Thinning ranged from 2 to 5-μm for DRAM Wafers and Evaluation of Devices Characteristics”, ECTC2016., 1461 (2016)
- “Production-Worthy WOW 3DI Technology using Bumpless Interconnects and Ultra-Thinning Processes,” IEEE VLSI Symp., pp. 184-185, 2016.
- “A BIOREACTOR FOR PLATELET GENERATION WITH HIGH PRODUCTIVITY THROUGH NARROW SLITS OF PDMS”, 20th International Conference on Mi
- “Laser Dicing for Higher Chip Productivity, Int ‘ l Microsystems, Packaging, Assembly and Circuit Technol. Conf. (IMPACT), Taiwan, pp. 242-244, 2016.