1985-1986 Lecturer/Assist. Researcher, UC Berkeley
1986-1992 Assist. Prof., Illinois Inst. Tech.
1992-1992 Assist. Prof., Illinois Inst. Tech..
1993-1997 Associate Prof., Lehigh Univ.
1997- Prof., Tokyo Inst. Tech.
Field of Specialization
Earthquake Engineering and Structural Dynamics, Vibration Control
Laboratory for Future Interdisciplinary Research of Science & Technology
Laboratory for Materials and Structures（IIR, Tokyo Tech）
Research Hub Group：Social Implementation international hub group
- Theories and design methods of seismic protective systems for buildings and contents
- April 2017
New design specifications for passive control of single houses
- July 2016
Comparative evaluation is made possible for various existing vibration control methods
- May 2016
Government needs to increase subsidiary funds for seismic retrofit of buildings
JSSI Contribution Award, Japan Society of Seismic Isolation
JAEE Contribution Award, Japan Association for Earthquake Engineering
Outstanding Earthquake Spectra Paper Award, with Maison, B.F., and Deirlein G., EERI, CA, US.
AIJ Research Award, Architectural Institute of Japan, 2005.
Presidential Young Investigator (PYI) Award, President George Bush and White House, US
- Kasai, K. (2016) “Performance of seismic protective systems for super-tall buildings and their contents”, International Journal of High-Rise Buildings, Vol.5, No.3, pp.155-165, Sep.
- Kasai, K., Chimamphant S. and Matsuda, K.(2016) “Performance Curves for Base-Isolated Buildingd Reflecting Effect of super structure vibration period, J. Structural and Construction Eng., Trans. AIJ, No.720, pp.239-249, Feb. (in Japanese)
- Kasai, K., Nam, T-T, and Maison, B.F (2016) “Structural collapse correlative analysis using phenomenological fiber hinge elements to simulate two-directional column deteriorations”, Earthquake Engineering & Structural Dynamics, Vol.45, Issue 10, Pages: 1581–1601, August.
- Kasai, K., Matsuda, Y., Motoyui, S., and Kishiki, S., (2015) “Fundamental Study Using Test Loading Scheme for Steel Frame Subassembly with Damper Connection Details”, J. Structural and Construction Eng., Trans. AIJ, No.708, pp.309-319, Feb. (in Japanese)