1988-1993 Asst Prof, Civil & Env. Eng,Carleton U, Canada
1993-2000 Assoc Prof, Civil & Env. Eng,Carleton U, Canada
2000- Professor, Civil & Env. Eng,Carleton U, Canada
2001 Visiting Prof, Nanyang Tech Univ, Singapore
2002 Visiting Prof, Nat Cen for Res on Earthquake Eng,Taiwan
2012-2013 Int Hon Chair Professor on Structural Eng, National Tapei Univ of Technology, Taiwan
2015- Int Hon Prof, Lanzhou Univ of Tech, China
2016-2017 Specially Appointed Professor, FIRST, IIR,Tokyo Tech
Field of Specialization
Earthquake Engineering, Structural Dynamics, Structural Health Monitoring Physics and Materials Science
Laboratory for Future Interdisciplinary Research of Science and Technology(FIRST)（IIR, Tokyo Tech）
Lanzhou Univ of Tech（China）
Research Hub Group : Social Implementation international hub group
- Hybrid simulation of advanced structural systems subject to multi-hazards
- May 2015
New multi-hazard test facilities for built infrastructure protection and resilience
Gzowski Medal, Canadian Society for Civil Engineering
Fellow, Canadian Society for Civil Engineering
E. Whitman Wright Award, Canadian Society for Civil Engineering
- Lau, D.T., Desjardin, S., Tehranian, A., 2017. (Invited Special Session Paper) Dynamic Structural Health Monitoring of Confederation Bridge: Lessons Learned, Challenges and Future Directions. Proceedings of the 16th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Santiago, Chile.
- Yang, Y.S., Woods, J.E., Lau, D.T., 2017. Image Analysis Method for Observing Crack, Strain and Displacement Fields in RC Structural Experiments. Proceedings of the 16th World Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Santiago, Chile, 9-13 January 2017.
- Woods, Joshua; Lau, David; Cruz-Noguez, Carlos A. 2016. In-Plane Seismic Strengthening of Non-Ductile Reinforced Concrete Shear Walls Using Externally Bonded CFRP Sheets. Journal of Composites for Construction, 10.1061/(ASCE)CC.1943-5614.0000705 , 04016052.
- Hassan, A., Lau, D.T., Cruz-Noguez, C., Woods, Ibrahim, I., 2015. Modelling of Debonding Mechanisms In Externally Bonded FRP Sheets In R.C. Shear Walls for Earthquake Resistance. Proceedings of the 11th Canadian Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Victoria
- McGregor, A., Bennett, D., Majumdar, S., Nandy, B., Melendez, J.O., St-Hilaire, M., Lau, D., Liu, J., 2015. A Cloud-Based Platform for Supporting Research Collaboration. Proceedings of the 8th I.E.E.E. International Conference on Cloud Computing, New York
- Vishnukanthan, K., Lau, D., Sivathayalan, S., 2014. A Probabilistic Performance-Based Seismic Risk Assessment Methodology for Bridge Inventories. Proceedings of the 5th Asia Conference on Earthquake Engineering, Taipei, Taiwan.
- Cruz-Noguez, Carlos A., Lau, David T., Sherwood, Edward G. 2013. Seismic Behaviour of RC Shear Walls with Externally Bonded FRP Sheets: Analytical Studies. Journal of Composites for Construction. Vol 18:1090-0268.
- Cruz-Noguez, CA., Lau, DT., Sherwood, EG., Hiotakis, S, Lombard, J, Foo, S, Cheung, MS. 2013. Seismic Behaviour of RC Shear Walls Strengthened for In-plane Bending Using Externally Bonded FRP Sheets. Journal of Composites for Construction