1995-2001 Assist. Prof., Louisiana State University
2001-2005 Assist. Prof., University of Wyoming
2005- Associate Prof., University of Wyoming
2016 Specially Appointed Associate Professor , Institute of Innovative Research, Tokyo Institute of Technology
Field of Specialization
Structural engineering, Applied mechanics, Statistical methods in engineering
Laboratory for Future Interdisciplinary Research of Science and Technology（IIR, Tokyo Tech）
University of Wyoming（U.S.A）
Research Hub Group : Social Implementation international hub group
- Durability of CFRP Repairs to Concrete
- Heat Straightening of Steel Structures
Other Research Topics
- Resampling statistics in engineering
- Survivor analysis applied to multi-hazards
- Engineering education
- Tanner J.E., Mukai D.J., and Dolan C.W., “Technical Justification for Proposed Design Provisions for AAC Structures: Assemblage Test and Development of R and Cd Factors,” ACI 440 SP xxx: “Towards Sustainable Infrastructure with Fiber Reinforced Polymer Composites”, pp xx, (in-press) 2017.
- Deng J., Tanner J.E., Dolan C.W. “Durability Performance of Carbon Fiber Reinforced Polymer (CFRP) Repair/Strengthening Concrete Beams” ACI Materials Journal, V.112, No. 2, pp. 247-258, 2015.
- Crosier, J., Hannah, M., and Mukai, D., “Damage to Steel Storage Racks in Industrial Buildings in the Darfield Earthquake”, Bulletin of the New Zealand Society for Earthquake Engineering, December 2010, Vol. 43, No. 4.
- Mukai, D. and McDonald, T., “Non-Parametric, Computer-Intensive Statistics Course Modules for Engineers”, Proceedings of 2009 American Society for Engineering Education Annual Conference and Exposition.
- McBride, J, and Mukai, D.J., “The Effect of Coarse Aggregate Content and Gradation on Self-Consolidating Concrete (SCC) Passing Ability”, ACI SP: Workability of SCC: Roles of Its Constituents and Measurement Techniques, 2005 ACI Convention, April 17-20, 2005.
- Avent, R. R, Mukai, D. J., 2001, “Engineered Heat-Straightening Repairs: A Case Study”, ASCE Bridge Engineering, Vol. 6, No. 2., pp. 95-102.