2016 – present: UW – PNNL Distinguished Faculty Fellow, Dept. of Chemistry, University of Washington
2004 – present: Laboratory Fellow, Pacific Northwest Nat. Lab.
1988 – 2004: Chief Scientist, Pacific Northwest Nat. Lab.
1993 – 1998: Sr. Research Scientist, Pacific Northwest Nat. Lab.
1990 – 1992: Post-doctoral Fellow, Pacific Northwest Laboratory
Field of Specialization
Pacific Northwest National Laboratory（U.S.A）
Research Hub Group：Materials and Devices international hub group
- http://www.pnnl.gov/science/highlights/highlights.asp search for “Xantheas”
Director's Award for Exceptional Scientific Achievement, Pacific Northwest Nat. Lab.
Visiting Fellow, Institute for Advanced Study, Technical Univ. of Munich at Garching
Fellow, Japan Society for the Promotion of Science
Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science
Marie Curie Fellow
Fellow, American Physical Society
Friedrich Wilhelm Bessel research award, Alexander von Humboldt Foundation
- E. Miliordos and S. S. Xantheas. “The Origin of the Reactivity of the Criegee Intermediate: Implications for Atmospheric Particle Growth.” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2016, 55, 1015
- E. Miliordos and S. S. Xantheas. “On the bonding nature of ozone (O3) and its sulfur-substituted analogues, SO2, OS2, and S3: Correlation between their biradical character and molecular properties.” J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2014, 136, 2808
- E. Miliordos, K. Ruedenberg and S. S. Xantheas. “Unusual inorganic biradicals: A theoretical analysis.” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2013, 52, 5736.
- G.-L. Hou, et al. “A Combined Gas-Phase Photoelectron Spectroscopic & Theoretical Study of Zeise's Anion and Its Bromine and Iodine Analogues.” Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2012, 51, 6356.
- S. Yoo and S. S. Xantheas. “Enhancement of Hydrogen Storage Capacity in Hydrate Lattices.” Chem. Phys. Lett. 2012, 525-526, 13.