1978-1984 Senior Staff Chemist, Exxon Research and Engineering Company
1984-1988 Associate Professor, Department of Chemistry, Northwestern University,
1988-2010 Professor of Chemistry
2010- Emma H. Morrison Professor of Chemistry
Field of Specialization
Solid State Chemistry
Research Hub Group：Materials and Devices international hub group
- AAAS Fellow, the American Association for the Advancement of Science (1993)
- National Science Foundation Creativity Extension Award (2000)
- “Prediction and accelerated laboratory discovery of previously unknown 18-electron ABX compounds”, R. Gautier, X. Zhang, L. Hu, L.Yu, Y. Lin, T.O.L. Sunde, D. Chon, K.R. Poeppelmeier, and A. Zunger, Nat. Chem., 7 (4), 308-16 (2015).
- “Spin Frustration from cis-Edge or -Corner Sharing Metal-Centered Octahedra”, R. Gautier, K. Oka, T. Kihara, N. Kumar, A. Sundaresan, M. Tokunaga, M. Azuma, and K.R. Poeppelmeier, J. Am Chem Soc, 135 (51), 19268-19274 (2013).
- “Ionothermal Synthesis: A New Spin on Frustration”, K. R. Poeppelmeier, and M. Azuma, Nature Chemistry, 3, 758–759 (2011).
- “Effect of Explicit Cationic Size And Valence Constraints on the Phase Stability of 1:2 B-site Ordered Perovskite Ruthenates”, J. T. Rijssenbeek, T. Saito, S. Malo, M. Azuma, M. Takano, and K. R. Poeppelmeier, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 127, 675-681 (2005).