1998-2005 Assistant Professor, School of Engineering, EPFL
2005-2012 Associate Professor, School of Engineering, EPFL
2012- Professor, School of Engineering, EPFL
2016 Professor (Specially Appointed), Institute of Innovative Research, Tokyo Institute of Technology
Field of Specialization
Electron Devices, Nanoelectronics
Laboratory for Future Interdisciplinary Research of Science and Technology（IIR, Tokyo Tech）
Ecole polytechnique fédérale de Lausanne（Switzerland）
Research Hub Group：Materials and Devices international hub group
- Steep slope electronic devices: tunnel FETs and Negative Capacitance FETs.
- Nano-Electro-Mechanical-Systems NEMS: logic, Radio Frequency and sensing applications
- New ultra-low power sensor structures based on 1D and 2D materials
Outstanding Achievement Award, Swiss Academy of Technical Sciences
IBM Faculty Award, Engineering
Andre Blondel Medal of the Society of Ellectrical and Electronics Engineering (SEE)
Annual Award of the Romanian Academy of Technical Sciences, Romania
EMRS Young Scientist Award, Strasbourg, France
Best Paper Award, IEEE SOI Conference, USA.
- K Boucart, A.M. Ionescu, Double-gate tunnel FET with high-κ gate dielectric, IEEE Transactions on Electron Devices, 54 (7), 1725-1733, 2007.
- K Boucart, A.M. Ionescu, Length scaling of the double gate tunnel FET with a high-k gate dielectric, Solid-State Electronics, Vol. 51, 2007, pp. 1500-1507.
- L. De Michielis, L Lattanzio, A.M. Ionescu, Understanding the superlinear onset of tunnel-FET output characteristic, IEEE Electron Device Letters, Vol. 33, 2012, pp. 1523-1525.
- L. Lattanzio, L. De Michielis, A.M. Ionescu, Complementary germanium electron–hole bilayer tunnel
FET for sub-0.5-V operation, IEEE Electron Device Letters, 33 (2), 167-169, 2012.
- A.M. Ionescu, H. Riel, Tunnel field-effect transistors as energy-efficient electronic switches, Nature, vol. 479 (7373), 2011, pp. 329-337.