1987-1992 Tokyo Tech, School of Eng. Assist. Prof.
1992-1993 Tokyo Tech, School of Eng. Lecturer
1993-1994 Tokyo Tech, School of Eng. Assoc. Prof.
1994-2008 Tokyo Tech, Grad. School of Information Science
and Engineering Assoc. Prof.
2008-2016 Tokyo Tech, Grad. School of Information Science
and Engineering Prof.
2016- Tokyo Tech, School of Computing, Prof.
Field of Specialization
Computational Linguistics,Natural Language Processing
Department of Computer Science, School of Computing, Tokyo Tech
Research Hub Group：Information and Artificial Intelligence Research International Hub Group
- Language resource construction and its application
- Dialogue and discourse processing
- Intelligent information access
- Application of language processing technologies to language education
- 2018.1: The joint experiment with Classi Corp. was reported at the new site on
educational topics “Resemom”
- 2017: Special Session Best Paper Award, The 9th International Conference on
Knowledge and Systems Engineering (KSE 2017).
- 2017: Best Paper Award, ACL Workshop TextGraphs-11: Graph-based Methods for
Natural Language Processing.
- Shun-ya Fukunaga, Hitoshi Nishikawa, Takenobu Tokunaga, Hikaru Yokono and Tetsuro Takahashi. Analysis of Implicit Conditions in Database Search Dialogues. Proceedings of the Eleventh International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2018), pp. 2741-2745, 2018.
- Yuni Susanti, Takenobu Tokunaga, Hitoshi Nishikawa and Hiroyuki Obari, Controlling item difficulty for automatic vocabulary question generation, Research and Practice in Technology Enhanced Learning, Vol. 12, No. 25, 16 pages, Springer, DOI 10.1186/s41039-017-0065-5, 2017.
- Hiroaki Yamada, Simone Teufel and Takenobu Tokunaga, Designing an annotation scheme for summarizing Japanese judgment documents, Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Knowledge and Systems Engineering (KSE 2017), pp. 1–6, 2017.
- Takenobu Tokunaga, Hitoshi Nishikawa and Tomoya Iwakura, An eye-tracking study of named entity annotation, Proceedings of Recent Advances in Natural Language Processing (RANLP 2017), pp. 758–764, 2017.
- Jan Wira Gotama Putra and Takenobu Tokunaga, Evaluating text coherence based on semantic similarity graph, Proceedings of TextGraphs-11: the Workshop on Graph-based Methods for Natural Language Processing, ACL 2017, pp. 76–85, 2017.
- Arief Yudha Satria and Takenobu Tokunaga, Automatic generation of English reference question by utilising nonrestrictive relative clause, Proceedings of the 9th International Conference on Computer Supported Education (CSEDU 2017), pp. 379-386, 2017.
- Ryosuke Maki, Hitoshi Nishikawa and Takenobu Tokunaga. Parameter estimation of Japanese predicate argument structure analysis model using eye gaze information, Proceedings the 26th International Conference on Computational Linguistics (COLING 2016), pp. 2861-2869, 2016.
- Daiki Gotou, Hitoshi Nishikawa and Takenobu Tokunaga. An extension of ISO-Space for annotating object direction, Proceedings of the 12th Workshop on Asian Language Resources (ALR12), pp. 1-9, 2016.
- Dain Kaplan, Takenobu Tokunaga and Simone Teufel. Citation block determination using textual coherence, Journal of Information Processing, Vol. 24, No. 3, pp. 540-553, 2016.
- Dain Kaplan, Neil Rubens, Simone Teufel and Takenobu Tokunaga. Solving the AL chicken-and-egg corpus and model problem: Model-free active learning for phenomena-driven corpus construction, Proceedings of the Tenth International Conference on Language Resources and Evaluation (LREC 2016), pp. 4402-4409, 2016.